Team Leader – MOH Systems Strengthening USAID GAPP Project Jobs – RTI International
Job Title: Team Leader – MOH Systems Strengthening
Organisation: RTI International
Funding Source: USAID and DFID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About USAID GAPP Project:
RTI is the prime contractor for USAID funded GAPP program. The goal of this seven year program is to increase participation accountability and local governance for effective service delivery. To achieve this goal, GAPP will focus on three components: (1) Support and strengthen national level government accountability institutions in their interaction with local governments; (2) Strengthen local government revenue, procurement, financial and planning systems; and (3) Strengthen civil society organizations (CSOs) and other non-state actors (NSAs) to improve voice and accountability. GAPP will work at the national level and in at least twenty-five districts in northern Uganda, the Albertine region of Bunyoro, and central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Team Leader-MOH Systems Strengthening based in Kampala will facilitate and coordinate technical assistance to the Ministry of Health in finance and compliance management, quality assurance and monitoring of health infrastructure projects, supporting governance and leadership, with the aim to improve service delivery in health facilities. S/he will lead a team of specialists for technical assistance, in close cooperation with MOH managers, and will also provide support in tracking indicators in MOH accountability systems, including those for procurement, audit, financial management, performance management, results measurement, reporting, personnel management and transparency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with MOH to develop project plans for technical assistance Manage project staff comprising technical assistance team, ensuring maximum productivity
- Coordinate transfer of knowledge to the project counterparts
- Ensure project deliverables are completed according to plan
- Make timely decisions based on appropriate authority/responsibility
- Produce status reports as required by management or client
- Provide assistance in tracking indicators in MOH accountability systems
- Carry out other relevant activities as assigned by the COP
- Provide substantial input to GAPP work planning and programmatic reporting, monitoring and evaluation in the technical area of responsibility, draw lessons learned and success stories.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Public Health Administration, Public Administration, Business Administration / Management, or related field
- At least nine years of experience related to project or performance management.
- Previous experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, leadership development, and coordination of processes and activities.
- Previous experience with public health systems management is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership aptitude, interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Fluent in English language
How to Apply:
All applicants should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 2MB. The applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email.
Deadline: 2nd March 2018