Several Entry Level Dental Sales Representative Job Opportunities – Medequip (U) Limited
Job Title: Dental Sales Representative
Organisation: Medequip (U) Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer and Sales Executive
Medequip (U) Limited is one of the leading distributors of medical equipment, supplies and consumables in Uganda, especially imaging and radiology, critical care, surgical, and medical furniture.
Job Summary: The Dental Sales Representative (or Sales Rep) is responsible for overseeing the sale of Dental products or services from beginning to end. This individual is the direct point of contact with a customer and ensuring a customer’s needs and expectations are met. A sales representative should know their product or service inside and out and guide their customers through the purchase process efficiently and satisfactorily.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and assistance to the Company and staff in all aspects in relation to sales
- Prepare Schedules and develop Sales materials
- Acquires new customers by reaching out to leads
- Researches and understands customers individual or business purchase needs and offer solutions and support.
- Research potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Serves existing customers by optimizing current purchase plans
- Adjusts sales tactics based on tests and new insights in the field
- Resolves customer complaints and queries
- Facilitate future Sales
- Make multiple outbound calls to potential customers
- Share information about company/product by following sales scripts
- Meet weekly, monthly and quarterly sales quotas
- Prepare and submit weekly Sales reports to management
- Assist other team members with transactions when necessary
- Submits purchase orders
- Informs management of purchase actions
- Maintains monthly or bimonthly minimum goals
- Completes market research and monitors competitor activity
- Makes recommendations for the customer
- Maintains documentation of customer contact and account updates
- Create and maintain a list/database of prospect clients
- Performs other related duties such as special assignments and annual major objectives as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering or any other related/relevant field.
- Two years’ experience in Dental Supplies & Marketing/Sales
- Knowledgeability in Dental Equipment is a must.
- Additional Certifications and other professional development experience
- Customer Service and people skills
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue with a positive attitude when reaching next potential customer
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Phone, email and chat communication skills
- Prospecting skills
- Territorial management aptitude
- Persuasion, negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and financial goal minimums
- Patience to deal with customer issues and calls that do not end in a sale
- Motivation Skills and a positive attitude
Core Performance Competencies for all employees of the Company:
- Building Rapport – developing good relationships; getting along well with people and putting them at ease.
- Client/Customer Awareness – exemplifying excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal Relations – recognizing the “people” aspect of issues and the need for positive relationships; produces good results through interaction with others.
- Listening Skills – attentive hearing; demonstrating understanding from what has been expressed.
- Organizing/Planning Ability – problem solving and time management skills; meeting as well as working under deadlines; goal setting based on priorities.
- Personal Work Ethic – meeting as well as working under deadlines; setting high standards for oneself.
In addition, to the Core Competencies identified as being required by all Company staff, the following competencies are also integral to the position:
- Attention to Detail – Checking for accuracy in one’s work; controlling/eliminating errors; showing concern for all areas of a task, however small.
- Analytical Skills – Collecting, comparing and relating data from different sources; identifying issues; anticipating problems.
- Integrity – can be trusted to perform duties in a proper and honest manner.
- Computer Skills – using appropriate computer skills and knowledge, ranging from data entry to systems analysis, to achieve work goals.
- Consultative Skills – Giving effective professional advice to meet the identified needs of the client/customer.
- Team Skills – being able to work collaboratively with others in a participative management environment; working independently as well as working on a team.
- Written Skills – Conveying information accurately in an appropriate written format; expressing oneself effectively in writing.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 28th November 2018