Senior Power Solutions Specialist Job Placement – Q-Sourcing Servtec
Job Title: Senior Power Solutions Specialist
Organization: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Servtec. is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative Power Solutions to reduce diesel generator usage and achieve overall operational efficiencies based on the in-country conditions and requirements, with guidance from the Organization EMEA Power team.
- Develop detailed installation specifications, Scope of Work (SOW), responsibility matrix (RM), SLA’s/KPI’s, acceptance procedures, performance monitoring (hourly, daily, weekly and monthly) templates post implementation.
- Develop and document power systems specifications in collaboration with EMEA Power team,
- Be the technical lead for all projects/task’s management by the Power Solutions Engineers.
- Oversee the implementation of new/trial solutions in Organization Uganda for improvement of power solutions performance.
- Conduct post-implementation compliance checks. Verify that all works by vendors/projects teams comply with the guidelines provided.
- Develop solution description or integration requirements for integration of new or existing power systems with Galooli Remote Site Monitoring System (RMS) and coordinate with relevant stake holders until fully integrated and functional.
- Develop, recommend and implement performance improvements solutions/strategies for under-performing sites
- Submit weekly reports on performance to management.
- Development and presentation of business cases for management approval of CAPEX investment for Power Solutions.
- Co-ordinate and manage site power audits to ensure compliance with installation guidelines and correct metering.
- Analysis and verification of site and power audit reports received from the NOC and field teams. Compile recommendations based on data received from audits to improve power efficiencies.
- Provide detailed AC/DC Power Solutions designs/drawings.
- Compile complete bill of materials (BOM) for power efficiency initiatives.
- Provide detailed AC/DC Power Upgrade designs and solutions to support customer requirements
- Detailed analysis of recurrent power systems and RMS faults – and presenting findings (with recommendations) to management.
- Develop process to continuously track power efficiencies on all sites and reduce overall generator run hours.
- Training: Identify training needs, prepare for and coordinate internal trainings of relevant stakeholders on power solutions in a timely fashion.
- Supervise Power Solution Engineers, define annual goals and manage performance.
- Conduct post-implementation checks to ensure adherence to scope and ATPs.
- Supervisory responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage the performance of the Power Solutions Engineers.
- Supervise and manage the performance of the Technical Support Supervisor,
- Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner with power solutions team.
- Create strong collaborative team environment,
- Oversee the development talent actualize the full potential within the team,
- Mentor the team
- General responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Uganda, and shall also comply with Organization Uganda’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- All employees must live Organization’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote Organization in Uganda’s overall business objectives
- To ensure that confidentiality is always respected and maintained.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Power Systems Engineering
- Six years of relevant experience in the Telecommunications industry,
- Six years of working experience in developing Power Solutions.
- Prior experience in the implementation of power solutions and ability to develop training programs.
- At least 2 years of Managerial experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Grid Supply, Voltage Regulators, AC and DC Generators, DC Power Systems, Various Cooling Systems, Solar Systems and various storage technologies applicable to the telecommunication and Tower Co industry;
- Working knowledge of Solar PV Systems and general renewable energy,
- Conversant with energy efficiency best practices for general power systems.
- Expertise in contract drafting, negotiation and finalisation
- Strategic and Commercial orientation
- Advanced presentations skills,
- Advanced problem-solving skills,
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint),
- Ability to work alone in remote and undeveloped areas,
- Advanced analytical (technically & commercially) skills,
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy,
- Ability to develop good relationships with stakeholders,
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced & unsupervised environment,
- Experience with remote-monitoring systems
- Ability to manage projects, ensuring that projects are clearly defined, systematically executed, and results oriented
- Adherence to Project Management best practices, processes, and standards within the organization are required
- Established skills to coach and mentor less experienced Telecom Engineers
- Financial modelling for business cases and solution crafting
- Ability to work with various functional groups and different level of employees throughout the Organization in Uganda to achieve business goals & objectives
- Ability to follow up with internal & external customer and vendors as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions.
How to Apply:
All Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs via e-mail to email@example.com
Note: Kindly mark your application as “Application _ Senior Power Solutions Specialist” in the subject line of your email. The interested candidates should submit their application and CV with certified academic qualifications.
Deadline: 23rd November 2018