O’ Level Driver Jobs – Strengthening External Audit (SEA)
Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Strengthening External Audit (SEA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programmes
The Strengthening External Audit (SEA) component is a part of the Strengthening Governance and Civil Society in Uganda Programme. The component works accountability and corruption issues and works closely with the Office of the Auditor General (DAG), the Inspectorate of Government and the PPDA.
Job Summary: The Driver is responsible for the;
- Safe and responsible driving of project vehicle.
- Routine maintenance and care of project vehicle.
- Takes careful note of all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes and locations.
- Running of official errands and assisting with other ofﬁce services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Driving and Chauffeuring
- Drives project vehicles and chauffeurs GIZ employees, official visitors and guests to official destinations in a safe and timely manner.
- Assists in the transport of goods as directed by the superior. Maintenance of Cars
- Regularly ensure that vehicles are kept perfect and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs.
- Immediately reports any involvement of the project ofﬁce vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
- Logs in vehicle movement in vehicle logbook correctly & accurately on a daily basis. and registers each monthly check.
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals.
- Ensures the availability of a functional First Aid kit in the vehicle.
- Complies driver reports on condition of vehicle.
- Exchanges this information with other drivers.
- Wears proper attire
- Serves all passengers in a friendly manner.
- Runs errands for the project e.g. delivery of Letters/messages, payment of bills, and makes minor purchases as directed.
- Is responsible for ofﬁcial documents in vehicle. Does not use, at any time, the car for his/her own private purposes. Such misuse of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct and will immediately lead to a warning and may result in dismissal.
- Reports any incident whilst off duty that may affect His/her driving license entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive
- Assists in and/or carries out other activities and any tasks as assigned.
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Uganda Certiﬁcate of Education (“O” Level).
- Certificate in mechanics and vehicle maintenance in defensive driving
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Five years of working experience as a driver, with references
- Good spoken and written English and local language skills
- Familiarity with Kampala and major towns in Uganda.
- Discipline and punctuality.
- No history of major accidents within the past 5 years.
- Must be focused, conﬁdent, and observant at all times.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4m Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +256 414 231204. Please note: This is a national position. Application and CV should be in one document. No other attachments are required at this stage. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th January 2019 by 5.00pm