Multi-stakeholder Engagement Specialist Job Careers – Office of the Prime Minister
Job Title: Multi-stakeholder Engagement Specialist
Organization: Office of the Prime Minister
Duty Station: Uganda
Under the Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU), a Government of Uganda programme supported by the European Union (EU) and supervised by Office of the Prime Minister, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has received a grant to implement an action, Building resilience to enhance food and nutrition security, incomes and health in Northern Uganda. The three-year grant action will be implemented by a consortium of partners in seven districts of Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Otuke and Kwania in Lango sub-region, and Kapelebyong and Amuria in Teso sub-region.
IITA is one of the 15 Institutes of the CGIAR global research partnerships with headquarters in Ibadan Nigeria, and in Uganda, permanent offices are in Namulonge and Kampala respectively. IITA is a not-for-profit International Research organization, whose focus is on transforming African agriculture through Agricultural Research for Development as well as Partnership for Development and is governed by the Board of Trustees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and strengthen productive partnerships with public (district) and private sector partners to facilitate learning and knowledge sharing.
- Organize regular planning and review meetings with all stakeholders and implementing partners and participate in policy dialogues and consultations with policy makers.
- Lead continuous advocacy dialogues to engage key stakeholders at various levels
- Facilitate multi-stakeholder discussions coordinated by IITA
- Provide necessary contributions to preparation of stakeholder and consultation plans
- Support the project team to deliver public consultation events
- Provide contribution to preparation of consultation reports and presentations
- Support the project team in preparation and delivery of stakeholder workshops
- Lead identification and mapping of stakeholders and audiences
- Building and maintaining issue-based partnerships and coalitions with the private sector, donors and partners
- Mobilizing resources (including but not limited to financial) from private sector
- Identifying emerging modalities for funding, assessment of their current usage and potential for the future
- Providing inputs to outreach/publicity material geared towards partners and donors
- Identifying best practices and lessons learned directly linked to resource mobilization and partnership-building activities
- Link the project with other initiatives in the country such as TAAT and AGRA
- Assist the project manager in the oversight of project’s financial administration and management
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in International Development, Social Science and agricultural policy studies with experience of at least five years in a related field
- Strong partnership development skills
- Strong networking, team building, organizational, communication, public speaking and inter-personal skills
- Capacity to work with diverse partners including governments, civil society, women’s groups, donors and public entities
- Ability to establish partnerships and alliances and mobilize resources for scaling and sustainability
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated communication, networking, computer, and organizational skills and ability to prepare high quality reports
- Ability in stakeholder and partner engagement and policy dialogue with emphasis to district engagement
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
How to Apply:
Applications, which must include covering letter, curriculum vitae, academic certificates, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to: The Country Representative, IITA –
Uganda. P.O. Box 7878, Kampala. OR hand deliver to plot 15B East Naguru Road, OR Send by email: to J.Anyango@cgiar.org
Please indicate position applied for on the right-hand corner of envelope or in subject line for emails.
Deadline: 31st March 2020