International Merit Scholarships at Monash University (Australia) 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Monash University not only have numerous campuses throughout Australia, but also in other countries such as South Africa, India, China, Malaysia and Italy.
The University has been ranked in the top 1% of global universities by Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships will be awarded to the total maximum value of $50,000 (for a 5 year degree) (approximately 12,000,000 Nigerian Naira). Students will receive $10,000 (approximately 2,400,000 Nigerian Naira) for full-time with 48 credit points – to be paid per annum until you have completed the minimum number of points for your degree.
There are 31 scholarships available to students from countries all around the world, based on academic achievement and potential to be a Monash University ambassador.
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Undergraduate or Postgraduate
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- International student (not an Australian citizen)
- Received a full course unconditional course offer from Monash University (and you have a Monash Student ID number)
- Starting a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Monash University (any campus) OR have completed at least 2 semesters at Monash University and will be continuing your studies (if you are studying towards a Medical Science/ Doctor of Medicine (MD)/ Bachelor of Medicine/ Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course, you must have completed a minimum of 3 semesters)
- Current students must have obtained a minimum of 85 Weighted Average Mark (WAM)
Preference will be given to students commencing their studies at Monash.
In order to retain your scholarship for the following academic year, you must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a minimum average of 70% each semester
- Take part in a minimum of three Marketing or Scholarship promotional activities (including attending official scholarship functions or taking part in networking event and marketing activities)
HOW TO APPLY
Download the Monash University Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Completed application forms must be send to:
Monash Connect, Clayton Campus
21 Chancellor’s Walk, Campus Centre
VIC 3800, Australia
There are numerous closing dates and study commencement dates:
Closing date 1: 15 October annually – Commencing studies in semester 1/ 2 of the next year
Closing date 2: 15 November annually – Commencing studies in semester 1/ 2 of the next year
Closing date 3: 15 January annually – Commencing studies in semester 1/ 2 of the current year
Closing date 4: 15 March annually – Commencing studies in semester 2 of the current year
Closing date 5: 15 April annually – Commencing studies in semester 2 of the current year
Closing date 6: 15 May annually – Commencing studies in semester 2 of the current year
Please note: Current Monash students must only apply within Round 1 and Round 3 (after the release of semester 2 results)
For any queries, please contact:
Enquiries Email: email@example.com