Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Officer Jobs – National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Job Title: Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Officer
Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head-ICT
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Job Summary: The Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Officer will be responsible for Supporting the Implementation, Maintenance and Management of ICT solutions, projects and operations, as well as providing support to ICT users in the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the design, development and Maintenance of Enterprise Management Systems in the organization including computer devices, Servers and Network infrastructure
- Implement and enforce the disaster Recovery plan and Information Technology (IT) security in the organization.
- Provide technical support for the Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
- Provide 1st level and 2nd level support in the organization to enhance availability of IT services such as troubleshooting software and hardware failures.
- Assist staff to solve telephony and Computer-related problems and management of social media platforms, websites and online services.
- Liaise with external vendors, who provide maintenance and repair services and keep an up-to- date inventory of the work they do for the Company.
- Manage computer hardware and software maintenance in the organization to facilitate business continuity such as installations, upgrades, IT Asset tracking, repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Perform daily backup as per the backup schedule.
- Liaise directly with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues, delivering high standards of customer service.
- Assist in ICT procurement including needs assessments and benchmarks, preparing technical specifications and evaluation.
- Assist in monitoring and updates of cloud services in the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics with specializing in Computer Science or a closely related and relevant field, from a recognized University.
- Possession of Certified ICT training such as CCNA, MCSA, CISSP, ITIL from a recognized Institution shall be an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of various operating systems like windows, Linux, UNIX shall be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing, administering websites, information security program, Digital Marketing, IT Project Management, Emerging Technologies and disaster recovery operation is desirable.
- Working experience of three (3) years as an ICT Support and team leader, or in a similar position, in a large and reputable public or private sector organization.
- Age Limit: Below 50 years
- Results-oriented with high level of flexibility
- Ability to detect and attend to ICT problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to train others to acquire basic Computer skills.
- Proven presentation and reporting abilities.
- Creative thinking
- Good systems development methodologies
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good IT and computer proficiency skills.
- High Level of Integrity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7thStreet,
P.O. Box 659, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All applications via email must be sent as one document not more than 10 mbs)
Deadline: 1st February, 2019 by 4.00 p.m. (Local time)