Fresher Procurement Officer Jobs – GIZ
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Procurement and Contracts
Ref. No: GIZ-POK/0818
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda. GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international Cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent is responsible for;
- Executing the purchasing functions and processes with an efficient clerical data and document processing control service in accordance with GIZ procurement policies and procedures to ensure timely and cost effective supply of goods and services.
- Contract management “for the different financing options as per GIZ guidelines
- Effective coordination with colleagues of the Finance Department.
- Within this context, s/he fulfils the following tasks:
Execute and Process Procurement Purchases
- Perform routine procurement duties in line with prescribed policies and procedures
- Execute and process materials, supplies and equipment orders
- Report on errors identified in the ordering and procurement system
- Participate in the preparation of bidding documents, request for proposals, ‘consultants’ shortlist and other documents based on relevant procedures for the procurement of goods, works and consultant services
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends and potential vendors
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts “
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Update and maintain complete procurement files and records including all correspondence related to procurement activities and ensure that the records are safeguarded and properly kept for future reference
- Report to the line manager or Director of Finance any noted fraud and corruption or governance issues with procurement staff bidders and Consultants
- Receives, inspects and accepts delivered material for the Country Office and for the Programmes/Projects.
- Preparing Financial contributions and service contracts .
- Negotiate contract terms with internal and external partners
- Review and update existing contracts.
- Explain terms and conditions to interesting parties
- Ensure that end users understand and comply with company contracts ’
- Analyze potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Ensure all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met (e.g payments and contractual periods)
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital records.
- Provide additional support to the events management team
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Perform any other lawful duties as may be assigned by the line manager from time to time
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties it required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The GIZ Procurement Officer must hold an honors’ University degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Economics or other related courses
- Advanced certificate in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- A minimum of two years of professional working experience as Procurement Officer or similar role in a similar position
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills
- Experience in SAP purchasing, contract management will be an added advantage.
- Sound experience in customer and supplier relations
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, tax, e-mail, internet and its software)
- Excellent English spoken and written and Local Language skills and is self-organized
- High standards of confidentiality and loyalty
How to Apply:
All interested and qualiﬁed portraits are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV to the Human Resource Department through firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: only those applications quoting the reference number indicated for each position as the subject heading will be accepted. Application and CV should be in one document. No other attachment is required at this stage
Deadline: 17th August 2018