Fresher Finance Assistant Officer NGO Job Opportunities – Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Job Title: Finance Assistant Officer
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant Officer is responsible for ensuring quality and timely reporting of project funds as well as accountability for the funds disbursed to staff, ensuring compliance to the appropriate principles and procedures. He/She will also contribute to the budget control processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up on budget utilization and prepare monthly budget monitoring and utilization reports for review. To report on analyses, variances, causes and propose actions to be taken to address them;
- Verify authenticity of accountability documents and process financial transactions in line with URCS policies, International Accounting Standards, statutory requirements and donor requirements;
- Monitor working advance balances and follow-up to ensure all working advances are accounted for in accordance with URCS guidelines;
- Reconcile staff debtor and creditor balances and other balance sheet codes and ensure that these balances are kept at the lowest possible level;
- Ensure reconciliations of receivable and accounts payables every end of month;
- Provide on job training to new staff as directed by the supervisors;
- Ensure proper filing of all accountability documents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Finance Assistant Officer job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance), Commerce, Statistics or associated discipline from a reputable institution;
- At least level one Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- One year of experience in a related field;
- Experience in NAVISION Systems Accounting Package is an added advantage.
- Core Competencies and knowledge
- High level of financial discipline and integrity;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Strong Interpersonal skills;
- High level of integrity;
- Good communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th May 2018 by 5:00pm