Fresher Debt Collection Officer Jobs – Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Job Title: Debt Collection Officer
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Legal
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and seven contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Debt Collection Officer will survey and investigate client’s files for cases of defaulting.
- Prepare and deliver demand letters to defaulters and follow up on payments.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Mentor and train staff on debt recovery skills.
- Peruse client’s files to establish type and location of security.
- Visit locations to establish the availability of property for attachment.
- Contract law enforcement for purposes of attachment.
- Place and distribute notices of sale.
- Identify highest bidder and negotiate terms for sale and requisition of sale agreement.
- Arrange with the respective branch for consent to sale and requisition of sale agreement.
- Investigate cases of defaulting.
- Gather information on clients from the Credit Department.
- Report matters of criminal nature to police.
- Organize potential witnesses to make statements.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by your supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Debt Collection Officer job placement should preferably hold a Diploma in Law from a reputable institution. Post Graduate Diploma is desired
- One year of working experience in debt collection or law enforcement.
- 2 principal passes at Advanced level.
- Credits and or passes in English and Mathematics at Ordinary level.
- Emotional intelligence, Oral Communication
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills, Business acumen
- Computer knowledge
- Follow-up without reminders.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Confidentiality, Self-drive,
- Self-confidence, Integrity, proactiveness,
- Compliance to policies and procedures, Discipline,
- Diligence and Efficiency.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates/ transcripts, postal address, current salary, salary expectation, letters of recommendation from 3 referees and a daytime telephone contacts.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 9th March 2018