Fresher Assistant Accountant – Cashbooks Job Vacancies – Crown Beverages Limited (Pepsi Company)
Job Title: Assistant Accountant – Cashbooks
Organization: Crown Beverages Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Crown Beverages Limited was founded and incorporated as Lake Victoria Bottling Company on 29th March 1950. Then, the Uganda government owned the majority shares while a few elite indigenous Ugandans owned the minority shares. In 1965, LVBC became the Pepsi Cola franchise in Uganda and started bottling global soft drinks including; Pepsi, Mirinda, Gingerly among others. In December 1997, CBL went into joint ownership with International Pepsi Cola Bottling Investments, (IPCBI) of South Africa, who bought 51% shares in the CBL and injected in more capital and also had a controlling team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly Reconciliation of Bank Accounts: Reviewing bank statements daily and prepare daily bank reconciliations. Making sure all account entries that link to cash book balances are accurately and timely posted in the system. Preparing bank transfers for all cash and cheque receipts promptly. Performing monthly reconciliation for all the USD and UGX Bank accounts with the cash books and submit them for approval on a monthly basis. Performing a monthly general ledger reconciliation for the bank and other related accounts such as the leases and loans accounts. Processing payment in the payment system and prepare cheques as and when requested.
- Managing Petty Cash: Accurately and timely posting petty cash and Chief Cashier expenses into the system.
- Posting Transactions that Appear on Bank Statements as Part of Invoice or Payment Proof: Liaising with the bank regarding any unclear entries on the bank statements. Carrying out the timely and accurate posting of transactions on bank statement that is not invoiced to the right account.
- Monthly Reconciliation of Loan and Lease Accounts: Timely and accurate posting of the loan/ lease payments and charges to the system to the respective account codes. Reconciling the loan and lease sub-ledgers accounts to the general ledger and schedule to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Stock Taking: Participating in the physical monthly, quarterly and annual stock counts. Participating in the stock reconciliation of the various stock areas/ items counted.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related degree Level 2 ACCA/CPA or PGD in relevant field is added advantage
- One year of experience in accounting
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Analytical ability
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications, accompanied by a detailed CV and copies of your academic certificates to the Human Resource Manager, Crown Beverages Limited, P.O. Box 20021, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 6th March 2020