Entry Level Medical Officer Jobs – Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Job Title: Medical Officer ( Entry Level Jobs)
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Medical Officer will oversee clinical management of patients and supervision to clinical teams, offer medical care to RHSP staff and study participants and support provision of HIV care services. He/she will also support medical consultations on cases referred from the community with the aim of providing excellent service delivery. May also support research activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive HIV care and treatment to clients in line with current MOH treatment guidelines.
- Lead in the clinical and Laboratory monitoring of patients enrolled in care.
- Participate in the improvement of patients’ quality of life through diagnosis, treatment and appropriate referral of patients.
- Oversee continuous quality improvement efforts in the clinic that are aimed at improving the quality of services provision.
- Support Continuing medical education for other service providers
- Mentor the clinical team to build their technical skills in prevention, diagnosis and holistic management clients in care.
- Provide medical consultation to RHSP staff, their children and research participants.
- Participate in implementation and supervision of Research studies as assigned by management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and surgery.
- Certificate of Completion of Internship
- Specialized training in HIV/AIDS is an added advantage.
- Active Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council required.
- At least One year of Service post internship
- Experience in providing technical Assistance to other service providers Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS management.
- Good working knowledge of HIV/AIDS programs, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV/AIDS programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document), addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: 31st March 2020
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification