East Africa Scholarship Opportunity
East Africa Scholarship Opportunity: The Aga Khan Foundation, in collaboration with the Institute of Education, University of London, is pleased to invite applications for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, awarded by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK.
The scholarships are open to prospective students from Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda wishing to undertake the Institute of Education’s;
- MA in Education and International Development
- MA in Educational Planning, Economics and International Development
- MA in Education, Health Promotion and International Development
- MA in Education, Gender and International Development beginning in October.The Scholarship is for 2 years of part time distance learning programme.
Students will spend the first year and one term studying on-line followed by a three month period of study at the Institute of Education in London (January to March) and a period to complete their dissertations in their home countries.
The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees for the course, travel expenses and living expenses for the period of study in London.
East Africa Scholarship Opportunity – Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- A degree course from a recognised university in education, economics, development or related studies – minimum 2nd Upper Class
- Prospective students must be citizens and residents of Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda
- Relevant experience in a developing country context
- Must be proficient in English language (shortlisted applicants may be required to do an English language proficiency exam)The Institute of Education has a long tradition of involvement in the training and education of teachers and other professionals from outside UK and has made important contributions over many years to educational policy and practice in other countries.
The Institute offers an unrivalled range of master’s coursesto challenge, inspire and support students’ progress throughout their career in education.
For more information and scholarship applications, see: East Africa Scholarship Opportunity