Driver (Head Office) Jobs – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Job Title: Driver (Head Office)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Supervisor
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Driver (Head Office) will work as part of the Institution’s Carpool, and will drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel, within Kampala but also to other locations within Uganda and the delivery and collection of mail, documents, pouches, and other errands. The Driver is supervised by the Administration Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport authorized personnel to/from airports, meetings/appointments, and other official duties, including business travel to/from locations throughout Uganda.
- Drive the assigned office vehicles, ensuring the safety of staff and/or authorized passengers, vehicle and other road users, for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meet any other transportation requirements.
- Meet official personnel, including staff and delegates at the airport and facilitate customs formalities as required.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.
- Conduct minor routine repairs, and be responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle, including arranging for other vehicle repairs as per prevailing procedure.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean (interior and exterior, including safety belts) and assist or ensure that all passengers have fastened safety belts.
- Ensure that the vehicle is equipped with First Aid kit and that he/she is trained in providing first aid.
- Check expiry date for consumables in the kit and seek replacement as appropriate.
- Log official trips as per the UGAFODE’s policies, including daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes etc.
- Ensure that the vehicle’s documentation is always current, including display of current insurance cover at all times.
- Observe the country’s traffic rules and regulations.
- Always check and adhere to security information from the supervisor or the environment for safe drive within and outside the cities.
- Maintain confidentiality of any passenger’s discussions or phone conversations
- Report accidents or incidents immediately to the supervisor and ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Perform any other task assigned by the Administration Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Driver (Head Office) job must possess a Valid Driver’s License and capable of Defensive Driving; and a minimum of a U.C.E “O” Level school certificate or its equivalent.
- A minimum of five years’ professional driving experience with a safe driving record.
- Extensive knowledge of driving rules and regulations and be conversant with the Road Security Code
- Proficient to effectively communicate in English (verbal and written).
- Possess basic skills in minor vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Vocational training in auto maintenance and repair would be a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to team-oriented work
- Willingness to drive throughout Uganda on long up-country trips.
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their motivation letters together with an up to date CV to our email only: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line ‘’Application for Driver”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources.
Deadline: 10th August 2018