Community Systems Strengthening Manager NGO Careers – Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Job Title: Community Systems Strengthening Manager
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Director Medical & Community Programs
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Uganda (Baylor -Uganda) is a private not for profit NGO that provides: HIV/AIDS care, treatment and prevention services; maternal child health services; Health Professional training and Clinical Research.
Job Summary: The Community Systems Strengthening Manager will be responsible for building the capacity of Community Based organizations and other community structures to develop and monitor implementation of systems and guidelines for providing a consolidated community HIV/AIDS package aimed at achieving the 90-90-90 goal.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Community Systems Strengthening Manager will develop and monitor the implementation systems and operating guidelines for the Roll out of the Community Health Facility Framework
- Put in place strategies for expanding and maintaining partnerships and an active Linkage and referral network with Community Based Organizations to in order to achieve the 90:90:90 targets
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of a consolidated & harmonized departmental work plans & budgets for Community Health and OVC teams and ensure integration into district and health facilities
- Support capacity building programs of health workers, CBO staff and other key community stakeholders in service
- Keenly analyse and support the Community Health Facility Linkage and Referral Framework indicators and support Community Based Organisations to use this data to improve health outcomes for the project
- Provide support in the development of a Community M&E system, monitor the implementation of periodic performance targets program and then write and submit data driven periodic reports & success stories to key stakeholders in line with project objectives for MNH and HIV/AIDs.
- Build the Capacity of CBOs to provide technical psychosocial support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Baylor Uganda Community Systems Strengthening Manager job opportunity should hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration / public Health/Psychology or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Commerce, Education, Development Studies, Accounting or Finance. Training in project management is an added advantage
- Three years of experience in managing district programs or vouchers
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the address below including a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees i.e. email and phone addresses, copies of professional/academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. The applicant must have at most a credit 6 in Math and English.
Send applications via E-mail to: applications@baylor-Uganda.org.
The Human Resources Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda,
Block 5 Mulago Hospital,
P.O. Box 72052, Clock Tower, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 23rd April 2018