Communications Officer Job Careers – Q-Sourcing Servtec
Job Title: Communications Officer
Organization: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Servtec. is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Administration Officer to ensure that all procurements required for communication events are planned and available when required
- Ensure that invitations, public awareness, adverts are made in a timely manner to the correct audience
- In liaison with marketing suppliers ensure that branding material meets the standards and specifications of aBi
- Support information exchange visits that show stakeholders possibilities for effective agri-business practices (focused on aBi’s value chains)
- Regularly review the operations and communication plan to fully appreciate the events/ external conferences/ etc and the associated needs
- Participate in the generation of website content (both text and pictures) alongside the aBi technical teams so as to capture / appreciate data/ information required to update the website.
- Support aBi communication culture by consistently following up on content approvals by management prior to dissemination for all media platforms
- Participate in the innovation and review of website enhancement strategies and ensure that all ideas for improvement are implemented ( working with 3rd party if required)
- Monitor the website and social media for consistency in the content matter and graphic design
- Scan for website functionality issues and make recommendations for improvements, particularly related to the automated grants management system
- Analysing feedback and other collected data from communication activities
- Participate in the implementation of the communications plan by monitoring the schedule of activities and supporting team members through reminders and follow up.
- Assist Communications Manager in the development of scheduled reports for presentation etc
- Work with the internal technical team develop and maintain databases for media contacts and other influencing stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Communications Officer job must hold a Degree in Mass Communication
- Member of Public Relations Association Uganda
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a media environment
- Experience in Marketing (particularly brand management and awareness)
- Good understanding of information technology and the role of social media in modern marketing
- Proven experience of developing good public relationships and working with media houses
- Demonstrated skills in logistics management and coordination
- Highly developed writing and creativity skills, capable of developing content for promotional materials in a compelling and effective way
How to Apply:
All Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Kindly mark your application as “Application _ Communications Officer” in the subject line of your email. The interested candidates should submit their application and CV with certified academic qualifications.
Deadline: 22nd November 2018