Cavendish University Kampala Branch
In October 2014, Cavendish University group of Universities partnered with Maarifa Education, an education holding company focused on investing in African universities, to support their growth. Cavendish University Uganda boasts a student population of over 3,600 students, with more than 5,000 students having graduated from the institution since its inception.
Currently with four Faculties- Science and Technology, Business and Management, Socio-Economic Sciences, and Law- as well as a School of Post Graduate Studies, Cavendish University Uganda offers courses ranging from certificates, diplomas, bachelors and master’s degrees that strive to address societal gaps. The University’s mode of teaching involves face-to- face interaction with students who are also offered module descriptions and teaching schedules ahead of time that includes tutorial questions and detailed case studies. This ensures there’s participatory learning and thus easy flow of knowledge and skills. With the increasing penetration of internet services, the institution plans to introduce online teaching. Large or popular classes are subdivided into smaller class sizes, so that the lecturers are able to provide quality education.
Cavendish University Kampala Programmes
- Foundation Programme
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)-Generic
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with Procurement & Logistics
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with Human Resource Mgt
- Bachelor Of Records And Archives Management
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Business acumen is a difficult thing to teach. However, the individual skills that make a successful business-person, can be developed, polished, and mastered. Our School of Business invests in each of our students. It helps them acquire practical, measurable, active principles and thought patterns. These lessons can be applied to any business situation, as an employee, and entrepreneur, or an executive. Furthermore, we place our graduates into jobs where they can effectively use what they learned. Call us, email us, or visit us so we can get down to business.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSc. CS.)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Bsc.IT)
- Bachelors of Science in Telecommunication Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Environmental Health Science (B EHS)
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health (B PH)
- Bachelor of Library Information Science (BLIS)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
The Faculty of Science and Technology extends the vision and mission of Cavendish University Uganda. The faculty has a highly self-motivated and dedicated academic staff who are inculcated with the desire to serve and uphold integrity, professionalism, respect, fairness, cultural diversity of staff and students.
We recognize the dynamic nature of the fields of Health science, Engineering and Technology. Therefore, our students are competently nurtured to meet the current and future technology demands in the competitive market. We believe that one of the sources of value that our graduates bring is a unique set of skills and new modes of thought. These give them the ability to transcend the traditional setting of the workplace.
Our graduates in Health Sciences are Innovative, highly competitive and professional in public health service. They are prepared adequately to serve communities in the areas of Disease prevention and Health promotion.
We give our Engineering students the knowledge and skills necessary to participate effectively in teams, in the development of large telecommunications and computer systems, covering a broad range of engineering and scientific applications. They are able to design, build, test and maintain computer systems both hardware and software.
The faculty offers a simplified approach to teaching which stimulates human desire for science, Engineering and technology careers. We have programmes designed to attract students of non-science background into the science and technology professions.
- Bachelor of Journalism & Comunication Studies (Public Relations & Media Management/mass Communication)
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations & Diplomatic Studies (BIR)
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration& Management (BAPAM)
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies (Social Work & Development/NGO Management)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (BA EDUC)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL-ECONOMIC SCIENCES
Artists and social scientists are the greatest treasure in any society. They keep us connected to our history, our culture, and our humanity. Teachers, social workers, researchers, entertainers, diplomats, media personnel, and tourism promoters occupy a vast portion of our economy. They inspire the next generation and maintain the fabric of our society. Let us know which area you are interested in, so we can chart this path together.
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)-Generic
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)-with Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)-with Accounting & Finance
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)-with Entreprenuership
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)-with Marketing
- Master of Science in Project Management(MSC PM)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)-IT
- Master of science in Information Technology (Msc.IT)
- Master of Science in Public Health (Msc.PH)
- Master of Arts in Public Relations & Media Mgt (MA PRM)
- Master of International Relations & Diplomatic Studies (MIRDS)
- Master of Arts in Public Administration & Mgt (MA PAM)
- Master of Arts in Development Studies (MA DS)
- Master of Security Studies (MSS)
- Post Graduate Diploma Business Administration (PGD BA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations