Care and Treatment Advisor Non-profit Careers – Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Job Title: Care and Treatment Advisor
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not-for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
MJAP will work in close collaboration with the Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) to implement a program on Accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Masaka region (Gomba, Butambala, Sembabule and Mpigi districts). In addition, MJAP is anticipating a sub-award grant for accelerating HIV/AIDSEpidemic Control in Kampala region; under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Job Summary: The Care and Treatment Advisor will offer technical guidance to the districts and supported health facilities in planning, implementing, and monitoring of comprehensive quality HIV care and treatment services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with the District Health Teams, take lead and coordinate the provision of quality HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment services in all the districts.
- Work closely with HIV care and treatment Regional manager to develop standard operating procedures and ensure adherence to them.
- Offer technical assistance aimed at strengthening the quality of health services and data through supportive supervision and monitoring visit to the supported health facilities.
- Work in liaison with other partners, participate in health facility performance reviews; and identify and document reports and best practices in HIV care and treatment in the districts.
- Work in close collaboration with the district health teams, identify performance gaps; and participate in continuous medical education through training, coaching and mentoring of the district health workers, in HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Provide supervision and guidance to HIV care and treatment district officers.
- Prepare and submit timely quarterly reports on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment services to the Supervisor and the relevant stake holders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) Care and Treatment Advisor should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Medicine with training in Health Systems Strengthening and Management.
- At least three years’ relevant experience preferably in health development at a senior management position, with a reputable international NGO.
- Three or more years of experience in HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support of, eMTCT, HIV/TB, OVCs and health systems strengthening.
- At least two years’ experience of implementing continuous quality improvement (CQI) strategies in the health sector.
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with colleagues in government agencies, NGOs, and other actors.
- Hands-on experience working with MOH, DHOs and Community level Health structures in HIV Care and Treatment.
- Excellent team work, communication skills (both oral and written) with strong management and analytical skills.
- Highly dynamic, self-motivated, demonstrate high initiative and be persuasive.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and other computer packages
- Ability to work in a rural setting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents addressed to: The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) via Email to: email@example.com
NB: Please indicate the position and region you’re applying for in the subject. Your attachments should not exceed 5MB.
Deadline: 17th May 2017 by 5:00pm