Admin NGO Jobs – Executive Assistant – SOS Children’s Villages
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Organization: SOS Children’s Villages
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Director
Job Ref: SOS-UG/JOBS/2020/006
SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development non-governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children. Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities. Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will manage the daily administrative functions in the National Director’s Office in order to maintain effective office procedures and an efficient work flow.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typing correspondences on behalf of the ND
- Receiving and processing the ND’s confidential correspondence
- Setting up accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors.
- Maintaining the ND’s calendar.
- Preparing and maintaining ND’s expense report.
- Performing general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintaining a wide range of high profile contacts such as government officials, corporate officers, and external executives and media personnel.
- Managing the ND’s and Board travel agenda;, confirming business agendas, booking travel arrangements and accommodation
- Organize senior management meetings and taking minutes
- Preparing management reports, draft presentations and other materials for finalisation by the National Director
- Managing the time lines for all upcoming projects, issues, and reports
- Reviewing the strategic plans and updating senior management on strategic implementation to ensure that completed work is achieved to agreed deadlines;
- Maintaining records on ongoing progress of all SOS Children’s Village Uganda projects
- Performs any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies and Office Management, Business Administration or closely related.
- Basic Knowledge of Records Management.
- Five years of relevant working experience.
- Demonstrable aptitude for Team work.
- High level of experience in dealing with people.
- High level of Interpersonal skills.
- Typing skills
- Must have effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be prepared to work long and irregular hours.
- Must be able to keep deadlines all the time.
- Must be able to work without supervision and take initiative.
- Time Management
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below:
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: JOSELYN.AMANYA@sosuganda.org
NB: Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 13th April 2020
Deadline: 3rd April 2020