50 Laboratory Assistant Job Opportunities – Education Service Commission
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant (50 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Education Service Commission
Duty Station: Uganda
Ref: HRM 48/185/01 (79) (82)
Salary Scale: U7
Reports to: Head teacher
The Education Service Commission is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 constitution of the republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the teachers in preparation for science lessons and practical work.
- Prepare samples equipment and chemicals used in teaching science subjects.
- Keep and store apparatus, equipment and chemicals used in the laboratory.
- Assist teachers and students during science practical lessons.
- Open and close the laboratories.
- Ensure safety in the laboratory.
- Keep records of laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Certificate in Laboratory Technology
- Should possess an Ordinary Level Certificate with a minimum of at least five passes including English language and 2 science subjects preferably
- Age limit – below 50 years
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Education Service Commission Form 3 (1998), to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, Farmers’ House Parliamentary Avenue P. O. Box 7196, Kampala,
Applications should bear the title of the post applied for as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy and applicants should not apply for more than one (1) post. Applicants should attach to each application form photocopies of all the academic certificates and transcripts, other relevant documents and a recent passport size photograph.
Only qualifications from recognized Institutions will be considered. Serving Public Officers on government payroll must route their applications through their immediate Supervisor/Head of Institution/Department and must attach a recent payslip. Applications that are not properly routed will not be considered.
Deadline: 13th March 2020