36 Secondary School Teacher NGO Jobs – War Child Canada (WCC)
Job Title: 36 Secondary School Teachers
Organization: War Child Canada (WCC)
Reports to: Education Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
Subjects: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, History, Religious Education
War Child Canada is an internationally recognized charity organization registered in Toronto, Canada that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. War Child Canada takes an active role in raising public awareness around the impact of war on communities and the shared responsibility to act. When war itself ends, the consequences endure. A lack of employment opportunities, the absence of effective economic or social structures, an under-educated population and a culture of impunity around rights violations combine to create conditions that make a return to conflict all too possible. But by making a long-term investment to create an environment in which childhood can thrive, the cycle of violence can be broken.
Job Summary: The Secondary School teacher will prepare lesson plans and schemes of work; provide guidance and counselling to learners; develop instructional materials for teaching; keeping records on learners progress and assessment of learners according to guidelines provided by the National Curriculum Framework and the competent education authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the War Child Canada Secondary School Teacher job placement must have undergone a teacher training (Diploma/Degree in secondary education) and passed required examinations.
- Must be a registered teacher with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
- Should preferably be from the host community or refugees.
- Have previous teaching experience with refugees or conflict affected community
- Should be a person with no record of child abuse and/or any other criminal record.
- Must be willing to teach vulnerable refugees /host youths and children
- Should be easily adaptable in the challenging situation
- Should have recommendation from their area LC1 or Zonal leaders.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit hard copies of their curriculum vitae and an accompanying cover letter in a sealed envelope to:
Human Resources Manager,
War Child Canada (WCC),
Block 244, Plot 1006, Muyenga. Kampala. Uganda
OR; any of the War Child Canada Field office locations in: Adjumani – Pakele near Pakele Sub county Headquarters and Moyo- near the Hospital quarters;
Deadline: 25th January 2019 by 5:00pm