2 Field Manager NGO Job Vacancies – CARE International
Job Title: Field Manager (2 Job Vacancies)
Organization: CARE International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Consortium Manager
CARE International has been active in Uganda since 1969 and working in the country continuously since 1979, implementing a diverse portfolio of programs and projects ranging from emergency services to economic development and civil society building. Our current programming targets Women, Girls and youth as well as vulnerable groups such as the extreme poor, internally displaced people, children to provide assistance and opportunities for empowerment and sustainable development through addressing the underlying causes of poverty grounded on careful and thorough analysis of power relations between different groups in society and the local context in which they live and work. Our programming is guided by our core values of transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality and excellence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The overall coordination of consortium partners and activities in the area of operation.
- S/he will be responsible for and facilitate an integrated participatory approach in project management, supervision, coordination, planning, and implementation among consortium members and partners, in the location of operation with a focus on cross-learning and harmonization of common activities.
- S/he will oversee all project management, administration, procurement, financial and human resource management as required, according to CARE and donor rules and regulations.
- S/he will ensure effective implementation of project’s visibility and communication plan.
- S/he will also help facilitate the integration and alignment of the project(s) with CARE’s longer- term and humanitarian programming.
- The Field Manager will act as CARE’s primary representative in settlement and regional level fora.
- S/he will facilitate smooth coordination between the consortium members and other agencies such as the Government (OPM and local district), UNHCR, and other INGOs, active in the delivery of all relevant interventions to avoid duplication, leverage comparative strengths, and contribute to joint advocacy.
- The employee shall fully comply with safety and security procedures of CARE and should be accountable for it.
- S/he will model CARE’s core values, commitment to Gender Equity and Diversity, and Safeguarding policies, and ensure they are upheld by all consortium members and stakeholders engaging with the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BA in management, development or humanitarian studies, or related field
- Master’s degree desired but a BA or BSc with sufficient proven experience is acceptable
- Experience with refugee protection and gender based violence programs required;
- Advanced knowledge and at least 5 years of proven practical complex humanitarian programs management experience including strong skills and experience in M&E, report writing, participatory planning, financial management, Human Resource Management.
- People manager with proven experience managing diverse teams and individuals’ performance for success,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer literate (email, word processing, spreadsheets,)
- Personally committed to gender equality and women and girls’ empowerment with ability to lead to organizational change processes that aim at making organizations more gender aware, gender committed and gender competent.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their application letters and most updated CVs includingthe names, day time telephone contact and email addresses of three work related refereesthrough our recruitment email (email@example.com) Please indicate the job title in the email subject line.
Deadline: 27th March 2020